BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

The anger within

Today was soccer for both Carmen and Anna. It was hot out by the way. After Carmen's game, a family friend of ours asked me if I could stay with her son. She went to get her husband from her other sons game. I said to him, "Andrew, your mom asked you to stay with me for a minute OK?" He nodded and then saw one of his friends so of course he ran to him.
Here is the funny part.
Andrew's friend ran up to him and said (sounding very excited) "Andrew Andrew! Guess what I lost last night?!" Andrew looked very surprised and asked what. "I lost my first tooth!!" Andrew stood there for a minute to think then walked away upset and mad at himself.
Andrew's mom walked past Andrew as he was going the other way and then asked me "What happened?" I answered "I don't know I couldn't hear what they where saying." From the other side of the field we could see Andrew crying in his dad's arms and stomping on the ground. I ran over to see what happened. "Go away Lilly!" Andrew yelled. I could see he didn't want to tell me.
Minutes later he ran back to his mom and I to grab his water and begin his game. We saw from the side lines that he was no longer talking to his friend.
"Did you find out what happened?" I asked his mom after the game began. "He hasn't lost any teeth yet, so he is upset at himself because all his other friends have." That sounded right. Andrew does get easily frustrated.
So later in the game his friend asked him to pass the ball and Andrew yelled "NO!" Again I could see he was still a little upset. In the end Andrew and his friend where talking again and both happy to wait for Andrew's first tooth to come out.

Love,
The Daily Planner

0 Comments Of Wonder: